5/12/17 MTC Week 5 - Canadians,33, Investigators, Disney characters, One more week of French

Hey Everyone!!!

I remembered to bring my journal this time so hopefully my email will be more interesting! 

We lost a district of Canadians this week and miss them tons! They left super early in the morning and then that night we had a devotional from a member of the 70 who used to be the mission president of their mission. It was crazy! He actually spoke last General Conference and gave a talk that I read in personal study a couple days before he came. His talk was entitled "Whatever He Saith Unto You, Do It." And I highly recommend you read it. Once again I actually liked his wife's talk better. She spoke about the miracle of the loaves and fishes and pointed out that Christ could have created a grand feast out of thin air, but he used what they already had a made a miracle. When it feels like you have nothing to offer the Lord but some stale bread and old dried fish he can make a miracle out of you and me! He could do his work himself, but he chooses to do it out of normal people he can make extraordinary. That really comforted me because the only thing I have to offer the Lord is some really bad French and a willing heart, but somehow he'll make a missionary out of me! 

We got new Canadians! Since we're the STL's we got to help them with all the ins and outs! My favorite was teaching "trente trois." For those innocent persons who don't know what that is let me explain... Trente trois is 33 in French and in the white handbook page 33 talks about flirting. Anyway, our zone has been having problems with flirting lately and have taken to yelling or saying trente trois when we see people flirting. Wow. It sounds so much better when I'm typing it out than when I try and explain it in person! Anyway, the Canadians were only a little freaked out the first day and we've grown to love them!

We've been teaching beaucoup (a lot) of investigators. Right now I'm teaching four... Mimi, Noeline, Ashley, and Candice. Noeline said she would get baptized!!! We were having a hard time teaching her but we stopped worrying about the French so much and started worrying about her more, and things just fell into place! Mimi is a MUCH harder investigator which worries me because our teachers from Tahiti say they ran into people like her all the time, but we are getting somewhere with her! We just went in there with the spirit and discovered deeper reasons for why she doesn't want to be baptized. She says she doesn't want to be baptized because she doesn't understand the promises she would make in doing so. THAT'S THE FARTHEST WE'VE EVER GOTTEN WITH HER!!! Woohoo!

In case anyone is wondering, yes my companion is in fact a Disney Princess. She crushed her performance at the devotional and the spirit was crazy strong! Speaking of Disney... The Elders in our district figured out everyone's Disney character in our zone! They're pretty accurate except for mine I think, but everyone says the same thing about their character. Here's our list: I'm Meg from Hercules (Because I'm super sarcastic and kinda chill), Soeur Kendall is Tinkerbell (because she's sassy and smart), Soeur Wood is Anna from Frozen (she's kind and spunky), Soeur Seiley is all of the Muses from Hercules (she's crazy funny and awesome), Elder Dore is Flynn Rider (no clue why they said that, but they said that they know it 100%, so I'm trusting them on this one), Elder Harrison is Woody (a leader, same sense of humor), Elder Peneda is the Voodoo man in the princess and the frog (because he can do the voice and has a darker sense of humor), Elder Tia Tia is Tarzan (strong and silent type), Elder Hunter is Genie (he's funny and chill), Elder Wallace is Incrediboy from the incredibles (don't ask questions, he just is and sometimes it's scary how similar they are). Wow. That was a long list and I apologize for that.   

Favorite quote of the week: "If a dog were going to attack you (talking about Soeur Kendall who is deathly afraid of dogs) I would fight it. But make sure you run really fast because it would eat you quickly." -Elder Harrison

Favorite thing that happened this week: THE FACT THAT MY TEACHER BROTHER VANDERHOLM GOT ENGAGED!!! He's coming back sometime next week and will be swamped with questions. :)

Thing I'm dreading most: Half of my district leaving me after next week!!! (They're going to Leon or Toronto and won't be learning Tahitian with us) 

Anyway, I love you all and am excited to see you in 17 months! I know God cares about all of us and even when we feel like we don't have anything to offer he finds something great in all of us. Sorry for sending like the same pictures every week, but life doesn't really change at the MTC. I don't even have any pictures this week! I'll be sure to take more pictures next week.  Desolé. (Sorry.)

http://ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

Comments