6/9/17 MTC Week 9 - Heading Out, In Love, God Does Not Abandon

Iorana everyone!!!


Leaving for Tahiti Monday!
So it's official, this is my last email at the MTC!  How crazy is that??? I still don't think it's sunk in that I'm leaving yet, but maybe it'll be more real when I'm on the plane for an eternity. So this email might be a little shorter because we've been busy all day packing and still have so much to do! So that picture you photoshopped last week was hilarious and both of my teachers died laughing. Way to go, mom! So all of the Tahitians are going together and we have another sister who will also be going with us! Her name is Sister Parkinson and she already knew French so she was on the fast track. 
Lindsay's Teacher Souer Kimball in the Middle
This Picture is REAL
"In Love" at the MTC
This week we moved into the new buildings and can I say WOW! All of our classes are there now.   I'm not sure what's going to happen to the old buildings. I think they'll start tearing them down one by one to make room for more residency halls or something. The cafeteria is still in the same spot. They're beautiful and if any of you are in a position to go to the open house, I highly recommend it! They have original murals on every floor that are absolutely stunning, and there is such a spirit about this place! I love these new buildings so much! (Here is where Lindsay went a little crazy with how much she loves these buildings, sharing what she inadvertently wrote in her journal, saying she found her "true love" in the MTC--the buildings; I think she has been in the MTC a little too long and needs get out into the mission field:)

Mixing Languages
We've taught a bunch of lessons this week and I think Tahitian is starting to click for me finally! Now Tahitian's just messing with my French. ;) Apparently this French Tahitian program used to be 11 weeks but they shortened it to nine. Frere Vanderholm says that we are learning all the information even though it is way shorter, the only thing he notices is a trend that we're missing is vocabulary because we don't have as much time to memorize all the words as he did. The gift of tongues is real!

God Does Not Abandon
So this week in personal study I ran across this verse in the Book of Mormon in Alma 36:27. It says: "And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God had delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me." This stuck out to me because this week I've been questioning whether I have enough faith to do whatever God needs me to do, and whether I will be able to serve him effectively. I was also questioning whether I was strong enough to do this and this verse was such a comfort! Jesus Christ has already delivered me from death and sin and has always been with me in the past. He has been there for me through the thick and thin and has always delivered me in the past, why won't he do so now? I testify that God does not abandon us. EVER. No matter what we are required to walk though God knows you and will deliver us, no matter what. 

Thanks everyone for all the love and support! I love you, but more importantly God loves you!

P.S. Shout out to my cousins Lexi and Scott for sending me little notes! I loved them! 

http://ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

Comments