7/24/17 Huahine Week 6 - New Mission President, Bug Bites, Large Moths, Backing Accidents

Iorana Tatou! (For those of you who are unaware, Tatou means everyone)

Coconut Bread
So this week flew by! That's what happens when you're busy! I learned how to make that wonderful coconut bread I love more than life, and unfortunately I cannot make it in the U.S. I'm pretty much heartbroken, but time heals all wounds... or so they say.

Teaching with President and Sister Fox and Bug Bites
Sister Wissocq's - When You Want to Study Outside
But Happen to Be Allergic To Bug Bites
Our mission president came this week! Since he's new he was meeting all the missionaries and touring all the islands so we got to be his chauffeurs for the day! It was really fun because Sister Fox is about where I'm at with French and President Fox was a little rusty, so we all got French lessons from Soeur Wissocq. We got to teach a couple lessons with him and his wife and that was super cool! Sam was like a little boy on Christmas when he found out he got to meet our mission president, and even better, be taught a lesson with him! President Fox is so sweet and his wife is hilarious. The only downside of them coming was that they are also really concerned about my bug bites, and Sister Fox even recommended that I wear pants. It makes me laugh a little because 3 months ago I would have killed to wear pants, but it's so hot here I'm in love with my skirts. ;) My bug bites seem to be getting better, but if they don't in the next couple of weeks I might have to brave the heat and wear pants instead.
Goofing Off
Home Sweet Home

Car Accidents and Polynesian Strength
Sample Car-lifting Photo
Please insert super-nice, strong Polynesians here
and remove the coats and snow
So... We had our second car accident, both of which were my fault. Now you might be wondering, "Sister Sellers, how in the world have you gotten into two car accidents that were your fault if you aren't even driving the car?" To which the reply is: sheer stupidity. ;) Now most of you know, but it's a missionary rule that when you need to back up, someone needs to be behind the car watching to make sure you don't crash into anything. I was not sure how to effectively help my companion, so within the first week we crashed into a fence post. Oops. Then I learned how to backup better and we didn't have an accident until that fateful day. July 21, 2017, 6:31 PM. (disclaimer: I don't know the exact time, but this makes it so much more dramatic) We backed into a ditch. I thought she had stopped so didn't bother to let her know that there was a ditch behind her, but she kept going. The best part was, it was right on the main road. Luckily we're in the nicest place on the planet and everyone who drove by stopped to help two confused Mormon missionaries. We were only stuck 5 minutes before we had enough people to lift the car out and get us back on the road. We're so blessed!

Hiking for Exercise
Note: Missionaries usually have 30 minutes for exercise. In the Tahiti-Papeete Mission apparently they have an hour dedicated to exercise. One needs it more when eating eight times a day. 
The View on Our Hike
Something that we've been doing lately is going on a hike every morning for exercise. It isn't a really hard hike and we're able to drive there, hike, and come back all within our allotted hour for exercise. It is super beautiful and once you get to the top you can see everything for forever.





Bugs Galore
When asked about bugs, here is Lindsay's response: If there's one thing I never want to see again it's a bug. So far I've killed countless cockroaches, mosquitos, and yesterday I battled a moth the size of my fist. I think our neighbors hate us, but I can't help but laugh when I think of how stupid we must look. I wish we could re-watch the showdown... Soeur Wissocq being as far away as possible screaming "Kill it!!! Kill it!!!" while some crazy American girl chased a giant moth around with a broom. Let it be known that I was victorious and that the moth will not be bothering anyone in the future.

Anyway, hopefully you got to see a little bit into my crazy life here across the world! I love you all!!!

http://ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

Comments