8/28/17 Huahine Week 11 - An Apostle Visits, Bicycle Woes, Peikea & Heinui, Kitten Simba

Bonjour tout le monde!!!
The stones are like a sacred place here.
Their ancestors placed them here in that way and
now people get married and stuff there. Pretty cool stuff.
Packages from America
So this week was awesome! For starters both Soeur Miller and I got packages from our families! So blessed! And I got something in said package that will allow me to upload pictures, so life is good again!!! Be prepared for tons of pictures!!! 

Bicycles Bad!!
So you know how I was so excited we weren't going to be on bikes? I spoke too soon. Our new elder has knee problems and can't bike everyday so we're sharing with the elders now. They have it every Friday-Monday and we have it the rest of the week. And surprise surprise: Riding a bike in a skirt is not easy. I am really impressed with all of those sister missionaries who have come before us because it is actually the worst. I think I've managed to flash everyone on this island. ðŸ˜‚  oh well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or wish you were dead. ;) 

An Apostle Visits Tahiti
We also had the opportunity to hear from Elder Stevenson from the quorum of the twelve apostles! He came and spoke at Tahiti and we were able to watch over Skype. He was hilarious and the thing that stood out the most was he gave us a formula for joy. Obedience leads to blessings which leads to Joy. In short if we are obedient to the commandments (on the mission or just in life) we will receive blessings which lead to happiness. How cool is that? We have something that guarantees happiness! 


Seeing Souer Wissocq
I GOT TO TALK TO MY MOM!!! Not my real mom, but my first trainer Soeur Wissocq. Since she is our STL (Sister Training Leader) we had the opportunity to Skype with them on Sunday. She's doing super well. Loves her new sector but misses being here with everyone. HUGE NEWS: I think we might be flying to Raiatea for our Zone Conference on Wednesday. How cool is that??? If it works out I'll be with all of my companions so far Soeur Kendall, Soeur Wissocq, and Soeur Miller. Needless to say I'm praying super hard. ;)  
Relative Distance from Huahine to Raiatea 20 miles

Peikea and Heinui
Our investigators are all doing well! We picked up a couple more since school has started and everyone is back. One is named Peikea, she's 10 and she's so incredibly smart. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a doctor or something someday. Another, Heinui, is 9 years old and she is so excited to have the discussions! Every Sundayshe asks "When are you coming this week???" and loves to have us over! How cute is that? 

Names Have Meaning
So something that's super cool here is they all have names that mean something. Like Hoarai means "friend of the sky" and Thierry means "King." Viata gave me a tahitian name that means "love of the sky" but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is... Oops. I'll have to ask and write it down. 

"Simba's the little jelly bean at the top."
A New Kitten Survives
Ok, so the highlight of this week is that WE ARE MOMS AGAIN! One of our cats had a bunch of kittens and one has managed to survive! His name is Simba and he screams constantly. How can such a small body make so much noise??? Anyway, we've been doing everything we can to make sure this little guy makes it short of bringing him in the house which would be a no no. 

Anyway, I love you all!!! Have a great week!!! ​
Video of Simba

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

Comments