9/25/17 Huahine Week 15 (Week 24 To Date) - Being Transferred to Neighboring Island Raiatea

Iaorana Tatou!!!



BREAKING NEWS: I am leaving the beautiful island of Huahine and my wonderful companion Soeur Miller to go next door to Raiatea. It’s kind of funny because that’s exactly what Soeur Wissocq (my trainer) did, and it’s normal for sisters to serve in the islands only once. I guess it runs in the family! ;) Also, I’m going to the area Soeur Kendall (my MTC comp) was just in! Talk about a small world! We’re also doing a whitewash which means that both me and my companion will both be new to the sector. Pray for us, she’s only been in French Polynesia for 3 weeks longer than me. Maybe a special fast is in order… Just kidding, it’ll be great! Also we’ll be in a car and neither of us know how to drive manual, so you might hear more driving adventures. Normally I would fly today, but I fly out on Wednesday morning because SOEUR MILLER IS GOING TO BE A MOM! She’s training someone new when I leave! I’m so excited for her, and I know she’s going to be awesome. 
Anyway, enough about this new transfer, let me tell you about my awesome week! Monday for P-day we went and fed the sacred eels, and guess what? I didn’t cut my hands on the can this time! So I actually have pictures this time! They’re super cool actually because they’re huge and have blue eyes which I guess is why they’re sacred. 

Warning: Rant about to commence! The elders have driven us crazy this week…Just kidding, they’re awesome, we’re just upset because they literally made us go to the airport to pick up a package AND IT WAS LITERALLY MCDONALDS THAT A FRIEND SENT. They had a friend ship them McDonalds from Tahiti. I have so many mixed feelings about this… I kinda wanna laugh because that’s something the elders would do and cry because we took valuable time out of our day to go pick up McDonalds. The best part is is that they didn’t even eat it, so now it’s in our fridge because theirs is broken. Ok, sorry about that rant, they just drive me crazy sometimes. Gotta love the elders.  

Ok, now that I think about it not a ton happened this week besides the transfer so let me tell you more about it… I’m so blessed to have served in this area! Honestly the more I hear about other areas the more I realize how awesome this area is.  We’ve had days when we’ve had 15 investigators at church and holy moly that is not normal. I’m so sad to leave everyone here, but I’m actually super upset I didn’t get to stay with Soeur Miller longer… I even got down on one knee with a flower in my hand and asked her to be my missionary companion for 6 more weeks… SHE SAID YES! ;) Unfortunately we have nothing to do with the transfers, it’s revelation and whatnot. 

I’m super excited to serve with Soeur Nicholls, she’s one of the few sisters I know from the MTC. She was super cool, so needless to say I’m stoked. ALSO: I’m moving back in with mom. I told myself that I would never be the loser living in my mom’s basement, but Soeur Wissocq is in the house on Raiatea, so we’ll be together again for her last transfer here before she heads back home!

Sorry this email was super long without much in it besides me freaking out about the transfer… But hey, it’s me leaving the nest! I love you all! You’re all in my prayers! Have an amazing week! 



ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

Comments