9/4/17 Huahine Week 12 - Plane Ride, Mami, Crystelle & Family, Rain, Simba's Sad End

​Bonjour!!!
Zone Conference in Raiatea
Flying to Raiatea!
So this has been another AWESOME week and I can't wait to tell y'all about it! You know
how I said last week we might be going to Raiatea for zone conference? Well dreams do come true! We flew out pretty early Wednesday morning and were able to spend the night in Raiatea! It was really weird having a 15 minute plane flight, but what can you expect when you can literally see Raiatea from our little island? ;) It was so cool! It was also very disorienting to be with all three of the companions I've had so far. At one point Soeur Wissocq said "companion" and I responded instead of her current companion. Tears may or may not have been shed once we realized the mistake. Honestly though, I've been so lucky with all of the companions I've had so far! They've all taught me something new and have helped me become a better missionary! Both Soeur Kendall and Soeur Wissocq are doing amazing right now! I'm so proud of them! 

A Mami in Raiatea
Something that's cool about Raiatea is that the sisters have a Mami who lives with them who is pretty much a missionary. She can go on splits with them and help them out whatever. It was her birthday Thursday and let me tell ya, missionaries with Mami's help are able to make some amazing party food. I was so full! We had Poisson cru avec lait de coco (Raw fish with coconut milk-my favorite), sashimi (straight up raw fish you dip in a sauce), and pizza. Everything was so good I thought I was in heaven. 

Crystelle, Arthur and Hazael
Anyway, zone conference rocked. President and Sister Fox are both so sweet! Gotta love 'em! This week we were able to fix a baptism for the 16th of September! Her name is Crystelle and we've been teaching her children (Arthur and Hazael) for a while now. She's such a cool lady and is super solid in the gospel. We're so happy for her! 
Souer Miller Riding a Bicycle
Rain- 8 Days Straight!
Last week it rained for 8 days straight which made it interesting for biking and trying to do missionary work because everyone cancels when it rains. Still trying to figure that one out. and if you think biking in a skirt is hard, TRY BIKING IN A SKIRT IN THE RAIN. Sorry, that's a little dramatic, but I'm distraught. ;) It was raining P-day and we had a hike planned, so we just played games all day with the Elders. Neither of them really speak english and it's actually the funniest thing ever to try and get them to say thing like "shuffle." I pretty much died laughing. 

Answers to Other Questions from Last Letter
The stones are like a sacred place here. Their ancestors placed them here in that way and now people get married and stuff there. Pretty cool stuff. All of the kittens didn't survive-- poor Simba was eaten this week!

Anyway, That's all for this week! I love you all! 

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com


Comments