10/18/17 Raiatea Week 3 - Tirei, Erwan, Gabby Coconut Shucking,

IAORANA TATOU! 
Sorry that the email came a little late this week, we had a conference on Monday so our P-day got moved. 
Recreating snapchat filters with our gigantic flower crowns


Our Super Cute District
Miracles Finding People & Driving is Better
How y'all doing? Everything is going fantabulous here in Raiatea! We actually have seen a lot of miracles this week! Like we've tried to go contacting a couple different times and each time we find less-active members who need a little reminder of what the spirit feels like. Two of them even came to church last week! Another big miracle is that I can kind of drive stick now. I am for sure feeling all those prayers on my behalf. ;) Shoutout to my siblings who now start their prayers "Please help Lindsay learn how to drive stick." Also huge shoutout to Ben who sent me stickers in the MTC. Turns out kids here will love you forever if you give them stickers. Who knew? 

Stake Women's Activity
So something amazing that happened this week was that we were able to go to a Relief Society activity. It was awesome! I'm still trying to figure out what it was, but I guess it was a stake activity where each ward brings gifts for the women who had recently had babies and then they sing and dance. It was a party. We had all of the missionaries on Raiatea there because it was so huge! Speaking of huge, the night before Soeur Nicholls and I made some flower crowns and we accidentally made them gigantic! We kept getting so many compliments on them but I also felt like I was wearing a sombrero. 


Shucking coconuts with Gabby! (The one who looks like Santa Claus)
The Power of One Named Tirei
So something that's super cool about Raiatea is all of the recent converts are middle-aged single men. At first I was so confused as to why, but I finally figured it out. Storytime! Tirei used to be a huge drug addict, but found the church and has been a member for about 5 years now. He loves working with the missionaries because he knows how amazing repentance is and wants everyone to be able to change like he did. It is no coincidence that all of our recent converts are middle-aged single men; they're his friends who he used to smoke weed with. Right now some of our strongest members are there because one man changed his life and afterwards helped change others lives. Erwan was one of those friends who was really addicted to drugs. People used to be scared to even walk by his house because he had such a bad reputation. The sisters found him through Tirei and now he has completely left his old life behind and is a really strong member in the church. It just amazes me how much one person can do to further the work of the Lord! 

Loving The Book of Mormon - Elder Arden
Anyway, other than that not much happened... Just kidding! Nothing is ever boring on a mission! (That is a lie--don't quote me on that.) We had the opportunity to watch a conference (over skype) with Elder Arden. He's a member of the 70, I think, but he just spoke in general conference! Check him out! It was super cool! He focused a lot on the Book of Mormon and that just makes me happy because I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! It's so good. If any of you haven't read it in a while I highly recommend rereading it because it honestly changes lives. 

Anyway, that's all for this week! Next week is a normal P-day, so it should be right on time. I love you all!
Soeur Sellers

More street art because I'm addicted.
And yes it is a fish with a top hat. ​

 In the corner you can see how to say 
"May the force be with you!" in Tahitian French. 



Comments

  1. We knew Elder Adern when we were in Tonga before he was a 70
    Cute NZ accent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment