12/18/17 Raiatea - Week 12 Staying Together, Heat Exhaustion, Ward Activity

Iaorana Tatou!!! 

The Ride Over
Staying Together
So this week was a little rough... but a lot of awesome things happened!!! For starters we had transfers and BOTH SOEUR NICHOLLS AND I ARE STAYING!!! It was like a rule when President Bize was here that sisters didn't stay together longer than 2 transfers, but President Fox is turning things upside down! We're so excited to stay together because we get to be together for both of our birthday's, Christmas, New Years, both of our halfway marks (January 12), and who could forget Martin Luther King Day? It will be a non-stop party. Also, Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope it's magical! Christmas is actually pretty big here! Mamie is even going to buy a turkey and everything. Super stoked. I can't wait to be able to Skype my family! 
Tahitian Oven. It's like a super huge dutch oven in the ground. 

Heat Exhaustion
So something crazy that happened this week was that I almost DIED. So remember how we're on bikes? I don't know if you know this, but it's the hottest time of the year for French Polynesia... And I'm weak when it comes to heat. (I guess I don't sweat?) Long story short I almost passed out in our sector from heat exhaustion, but luckily we got off our bikes right when my vision went black. We even were able to get a ride back from some members. I have the best ward ever. 
Motu from boat

Ward Activity
So our ward did a cool ward activity where we went to a motu! They slept there over night, but we came the next day at 6 AM. It rained the whole time, but we partied anyway. I showed some kids how awful I am at soccer, found some cool shells, and got to eat Ma'a Tahiti. It actually was not my favorite, but still, it was super cool seeing them pull out the underground oven. It was sooooooo cold coming back because we were soaked to the bone, and Soeur Nicholls even turned purple. It was kinda funny because not 2 days earlier we were dying from heat. 
Our Motu was so posh they even had a couple huts and a kitchen
Uncovering the Oven

Pulling off the Leaves


Ma'a Tahiti!!! Also the were 2 pigs heads in there... still not sure how I feel about that.

R_ being a nut in her coat. I have no idea where Tahitians find coats here, but they all seem to have one for cold weather... (anything under 70 degrees)

So something super tragic happened. One of the sisters who is very near and dear to my heart finished her mission and left us to go home to Moorea. R.I.P. Soeur Turina. We're going to miss her so much! 


Anyway, That was it for this week! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!​

Comments