12/6/17 Raiatea Week 10 - Singing at Fireside, Conference, A Car Accident (Week 35 to Date)

IAORANA TATOU!!!
We made Book of Mormon Risk because we were really sick last week and had to stay home... It actually works super well! Dice here are like $5 each though, but I'd say it's a good investment.

Singing Fireside
So this week was actually the craziest! Well, I guess not this week but like the past couple days. Anyway, to start we had an awesome Coin Feu (fireside) with the theme "Light the World" in one of the Elders' wards. We all came and sang a musical number which sounded pretty good considering not very many of us can sing. ;) But it was so good, all of the 5 investigators there agreed to take the missionary lessons! I'd say that's a little miracle! We'll do one in our sector this Sunday. 
Tracting! (There are some houses down there we can't get to by car)
Meeting New Old Investigators
The Crazy Amount of Eggs We Have in Our Fridge
Our P-day was moved to Wednesday this week because we had a conference on Tuesday, so Monday we were able to go with some members and invite non-members and investigators to the fireside. We met a couple old investigators (people who used to listen to the missionaries) who said we could come back and teach them so that's super exciting!!! We also met someone this week who is an old investigator but stopped taking the lessons because he feels like it's impossible for him to be forgiven of some of the sins he's committed. I think I almost started crying because that's just the most sad thing in the world-- imagine thinking that you have to carry your guilt for your entire life. Anyway, needless to say we're going back and going to try to help him see that Christ already took away his sins, he's just still holding on. 

Conference with President and Sister Fox
CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME! President and Soeur Fox came and they also brought Elder and Sister Grahm who are in charge of our mental health here. They came and talked about stress and it was super good! Anyway, so conference was super cool, and after I finally passed off to drive manual, so I'm legit now.  

An Accident after Passing Driving Test
That's why what happens next is so funny... So we dropped off President Fox at the Airport and picked up Mamie to go to a Faatamaaraa because we didn't know where they lived. Anyway, we were driving when all of the sudden someone coming in the opposite direction turned in front of us because they were going into a parking lot and didn't see us. Anyway, I swerved to avoid hitting them and ended up hitting a pole and completely destroying our front right headlight. My first thought was "Crap. I can't believe that just happened," and my second thought was "How ironic. I passed my driving test not 5 hours ago." ;)

One and a half hours later the cops finally show up because literally no one knows the number for the cops who take care of non-emergency car crashes. Anyway, we got it figured out with all the paperwork, and I think the other driver was really touched with how we reacted. I hope someday she accepts the missionaries even if she doesn't want them now. :) 
Our Christmas Decorations! Shout out to Soeur Nicholl's mom!

Anyway, that was my week! I love you all and hope you're having an awesome start to Christmas! If you haven't yet check out the new light the world video, it may or may not have made me cry. ;) LOVE YOU!!!

--

Comments