1/1/18 Raiatea Week 14 - A Christmas Miracle

Iaorana Tatou!!!
Caroling as a Zone

A Christmas Miracle
So guess who had another awesome week? This sister missionary! But before I get started on this current week let me catch y'all up on what happened last week since I actually didn't really have time to write a good email. So Friday before Christmas. We went Christmas caroling as a zone and it was honestly so cool. We all picked 2 investigators to go see and told them beforehand we were coming because caroling is not a thing here. We saw the coolest miracle ever! So some Elders in our Zone were having problems with an amis de l'eglise because his dad would chase them away swearing at them, but somehow they got the agreement to be able to come and sing for them. From the moment we entered the house the family was nothing but hospitable and I thought it couldn't have been the same family until the father apologized to the Elders for chasing them away so many times. He even said that he felt something when we sang that made him realize that we are completely different from what he thought we were. The Lord really has the power to soften hearts!
Wonderful People

Singing at the Hospital
For Christmas we woke up, opened presents, and talked to parents. Afterwards we had the opportunity to go to the hospital and sing for the patients. It was so we'rd being in such a small hospital where we were able to sing to all the patients in less than 2 hours, but it was a party. We even got to see one of Mamie's great grandchildren who had been born a couple days before. 
 

Small Island, Small World
Anyway, this week we did more velo (biking) as we still do not have the car, did lots of contacting in which we found mostly old amis, found that Soeur Nicholls is allergic to lobster, and had an old Elder who served here come home. It's so weird because he used to be Soeur Nicholls' old district leader and now he's in our ward. Super strange. It's so weird being in such a small area where missionaries have been here for FOREVER because pretty much everyone has taken the missionary discussions before and I'm getting to the point where I recognize everyone on the side of the road. I can't imagine living here my whole life and knowing everyone from birth though. It's actually crazy. 


M. and the Book of Mormon
So we had a super weird lesson this week. It was with an amis named M. who is a deacon in a local church. She loves talking about God and told us the first day that she already knew the Livre de Mormon is true because it talks about Jesus Christ and that she knew Joseph Smith had seen the first vision. She said that she couldn't be baptized though because she believes in her church too. Next time I think we'll talk about how if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet we have authority and revelation that no other churches could have. I'll let you know how it goes. 

A response to the question: How has a mission changed you?
Well there lots of things different about me. Now I can open coconuts like a pro, I have the grossest tan lines, and I can speak French sometimes, but I think the biggest thing is now I hunger for more scriptural knowledge. I caught myself yesterday reading the bible dictionary, not to look something up, but just to read it. That was the weirdest thing of my life.

Anyway, I love you all and hope you have an awesome week!!! Here's to an awesome 2018!!! 

--
Soeur Sellers
Identities of individuals withheld to protect privacy.



Comments