2/26/18 Papeete Week 5 - One More Street, Crazy Cat, Birthday Cake

Iaorana Tatou!

First of all let me apologize for last weeks email... Emailing here is always a little crazy because we are in a room full of other missionaries and I end up talking the whole time. I am my mother's daughter! 
For the past couple days this monster has been waking me up early by meowing right outside our second story bedroom window. Punk.
Working in a Different Area for a Day
Ok, so this week was actually really awesome! For starters I went on a split with Soeur Gandon who is from France so I spoke only French for 24 hours. I feel so accomplished. They are in a walking sector and it was like a whole new world for me! They knew like everyone who passed by name and their whole life story... Super weird. Anyway, it was super awesome! We taught a woman who was afraid to pray because every time she closed her eyes to pray she felt like Satan was coming to attack her. That was fun. People are incredibly receptive to the spirit here, both good and bad so we've heard a LOT of crazy stories.
Soeur Bready and I
Reunion
So Thursday we had the leaders conference where all the STL's (Sister Training Leaders) and DZ's (District Leaders) go and meet with president. We got to be there at the very end to drop a sister off with her companion, and I saw so many people I haven't seen in so long! I saw Soeur Kendall and she's doinng awesome (my companion from the MTC), Elder Harrison (from my district in the MTC), and my mere faamu Soeur Miller! They're all doing awesome and it was so good to talk to them all! 
Mission Cars at Leadership Conference - I just about died and had to take a picture
Just One More Street
Ok, so this week we had a miracle happen! A couple of weeks ago we were contacting for about an hour or so and were about to head back home to do language study because we were both dead and it had started to rain. Then a member happened to pass by and talked to us and then pulled into the parking lot where we had left the car. We were walking back to the car when we felt we should contact at least one more street before heading back to finish our studies before our next lesson. So we did just that and found a little family who had taken the lessons before and they said we could come back!

We were so excited out of our minds but each time we went back no one was home. Anyway, on Sunday we went over and the whole family was there! we talked for a while and it was almost comical how ready for the gospel they were.
We're kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop because it seems like something out of a movie instead of real life. 

A Birthday Party
So Sunday was Soeur Robbinson's birthday! Fun fact, Tahitians put fruit in every single cake and it drives me crazy. This one had fake cherries in it. Soeur Robbinson turned 20 and we ate dinner together with one of our members that Soeur ma (found out that Souer ma basically means other sisters) are also close to! After we did karaoke church songs. It was super different and fun! I haven't done Karaoke in a very long time. 
Soeur Robbinson's Birthday Cake








Anyway, I hope you all had a good week too!!! Love you all!

Comments