1/29/18 Week 1 - Transferred to Tahiti, Saying Good-bye

Iaorana tatou!!!

Transferred to the Big Island
So transfers came and went and I got transferred! I left the beautiful island of Raiatea to go to... you guessed it, bora bora! Just kidding, I actually came to tahiti, but I landed on bora bora before landing on tahiti, so i'd say that counts. I got transferred right into the city of Papeete which is kinda scary because I'll be driving and they drive like maniacs here. On the plus side they do have a mcdonalds here, and it will be greatly appreciated. 

English Suffers Due to New Keyboard
This week we had zone conference and it was amazing. It's always so wonderful to see president ma!  And don't worry, I didn't crash the car this time. (p.s. if my email is a little weird this time it's because I'm typing on a french keyboqrd for the first time). 


A New Investigator
Ok, so Saturday morning we said goodbye to another sister who's going home! I's so crazy to see people leave. Right after we had a lesson with a new amie and she was so cool and loving everything we were saying... until we talked about the Livre de Mormon. She just couldn't believe that God would give us more scripture than the bible. We asked her to  read it and pray to see if it's true, but she was too afraid that if she did she would get cut off from the presence of God. It was so sad and we tried many different angles but nothing really worked. She did agree to continue meeting with us though, so maybe something will happen with that, you never know.
Back with a Car

Our principes de l'evangile class!
Saying Good-bye to Raiatea
Sunday we spent at church, and then saying goodbye to everyone. It's so stressful because if you leave someone out they get super sad. We had an Awesome Faatamaaraa that night though and they gave Soeur Nicholls and I some pretty amazing hats. 
The Family That Gave Us New Hats

With Our New Hats

At the Airport

With Rava and Ioane

A Last Selfie with Soeur Nicholls
Me with Mamie
Anyway, I'm sure you'll all be getting much next week, but for now I'm sick of this keyboard. Love you all!!!​

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com 

Comments