3/19/18 Papeete Week 8 - Ridiculous Week, Reunion, Baptism Date Miracle, Inspired Sweets

Iaorana tatou! 
I'm a sucker for sunsets.

A Reunion
The only word coming to my mind when I think of this week is "ridiculous", so buckle up y'all. So with transfer calls last week Sœur Bready and I are both staying, but guess who is coming into our district? My twin!!! Soeur Nicholls gets to party with us in Papeete!!! Honestly these six weeks being with a different companion has been so different because we were together for 4 1/2 months, so by the end we were the same person. 
Soeur Kaufusi Lives in Our House

Soeur Kaufusi
Also: the new sister in our house who sœur ma is training is so wonderful! Her name is Sœur Kaufusi and she is Tongan, from New Zealand, and has lived in Australia for the past couple years. Needless to say, she's fabulous. Love her and all souer ma. 
 
We had a Faatamaaraa for Soeur Basset's birthday!

Great News!
L_ and T_ have decided that they want to get married and baptized the 12 of May!!! We're so happy for them!!! Actually it's kind of a funny story, so their daughter's birthday is May 13 and this whole time they said they wanted to get married on her birthday. We were totally ok with that until we found out it was a Sunday and the Merie wouldn't be open, so we suggested that they get married the 12th instead. We thought they would think that was a good compromise, but they decided they wanted to wait a year so that they could get married on her birthday. Both Sœur Bready and I had no clue what to do. Normally you want people who are living together to get married as soon as possible because if one of them dies they can't get sealed in the temple, so I started explaining this and then like mana from heaven inspiration struck. We explained the power of the sealing and then said that after they get baptized they have to wait a year to go to the temple, and suggested that they get married this year, a day before their daughter's birthday, and next year they can get sealed on her birthday. We hope it all works out!!!

Driving Adventures, More Stress and Taxi Driving
So an adventure we had this week was that I got to drive to the airport. It may sound like a simple thing, but it was insane and I hope I will never have to relive that nightmare. It is hard for me to think of a time when I have been more stressed out. True story. We may or may not have even ended on the wrong highway and almost had to drive all the way to another city to turn around. It was a party. 

Having a car is a blessing and a curse. It's awesome because we don't have to be out in the heat all the time and we can schedule more lessons in the day, but the curse is we're kinda a taxi for everyone who doesn't have a car. Especially when people are sick and need to go to the doctor. This week we spent almost every single day driving someone somewhere because they're sick or because they need a ride somewhere they can't get to, and driving here is always a nightmare unless I know exactly where I'm going and exactly how to get there. 
Voila, notre poisson cru!

We had a Faatamaaraa with a mamie who helped us make the poisson cru

Sweet Inspiration!
So Saturday a lot of our lessons fell through in the evening so we decided to make cookies and bring them to our bishop and a member who has been sick for a while. Thank heavens we did because bishop's leaving for two weeks and we had a lot to talk about. Who knew even making cookies could be inspired. And delicious. ;)

My Family is Dead?!
On Sunday President Fox came to our ward for the first hour and I was panicked. The first thought that ran through my head was "my whole family died in a car crash and he came to break the news to me in person." But no one is dead. I guess when they don't have meetings they can choose what ward to go to and ours worked out best for them. I repeat: no one is dead. 

Anyway, that was our week this week! I love you all and have a fabulous week!!!!

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

Comments