3/26/18 Papeete Week 9 - Pizza Everyday, Dwight Fright, Gratitude for Christ

Iaorana Tatou!!!

So something crazy that happened this week is that we got pizza almost every night dropped off at our house for our Faatamaaraas, so that was crazy. If I don't gain weight in this sector I will be shocked. We talked with the bishopric though and they'll announce something so we can actually eat with our members. As it is we have no idea who anyone in the ward is. 
Foot Tanlines

This week I went on a split with my faamu faamu grandma!!! (the 2nd trainer of my 2nd trainer) Her name is Soeur Siale and she's absolutly fabulous! I learned so much from her even though it was only one day. We had a lesson with L_ and T_ and they said that they still want to wait until next year to get married on their daughter's birthday. I'm so sad, but we're working with them to hopefully see that they can't wait a year to get married and baptized AND another year to get sealed. 


Saturday was kinda cool because we ran into a member from New Zealand! She started speaking to us in English and it took me so long to understand her because I expected french. Anyway she bought us ice cream and talked to us for a while. She was just so sweet and an answer to our prayers because we had been contacting (going house to house talking to people) for a while and it was SO FREAKING HOT. She is an angel.

Ok, so last night I had another face off with a flying cockroach. Once again tears were shed, but I came off conqueror. STORYTIME!!! It was a beautiful Sunday night and the sister missionaries were at home enjoying their evening when Soeur Robbinson ran into the living room and said in a concerned voice "There's a fat cockroach on our curtains!" Everyone jumped up and ran into the bedroom to get a glimpse at this vile creature. Soeur Sellers may or may not have broken their only broom in an attempt to kill it, but alas, it was to no avail. There they were all huddled on the little deck as far away from the beast as possible while still being in sight when Soeur Kaufusi had the wonderful idea to trap it in an empty ice cream carton on the ceiling. Unfortunatly this only angered Dwight (we named him) further, and now Soeur Kaufusi was in a dangerous position standing precariously on a bed with an ice cream carton over an angry insect from the underworld. She began slowly sliding it little by little towards the door, but there was no way she could make it. 

Ok, long and terrifying story short I got up on the bed too and held it while she slid the lid over. It was so ridiculous that I started laughing, but then I realized that I had a cockroach in my hands that could get out and attack me if I messed up, so tears began trickling down my face. And yes. We got it on video. Moral of the story, don't break the broom!

Ok, so something I've been thinking about a lot lately is everything Jesus Christ has done for us. It never ceases to amaze me that the most perfect human being on this earth came and suffered unspeakable amounts of pain and even death so that normal people like you and me can return to our Heavenly Father in perfect immortal bodies and that we can feel clean in front of him. I am so grateful to everything he has done for all of us.


Anyway, I love you all! Have a safe week and stay away from cockroaches! Dwight is still on the loose and is probably seeking revenge. ;)

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com 

Pictures from companion Soeur Bready...



Comments

Post a Comment