4/9/18 Papeete Week 11 - New investigator, Easter Concert, Names

Iaorana tatou!!!
Soeur Bready and I at the Coolest Waterfall

I hope you all had a fabulous week because I sure did! For starters, last p-day we did the tour de l'ile! In other words we drove around the entire island of Tahiti doing touristy stuff. It was so cool! We got to go with members and since they know everything we were able to get some of the stories behind some stuff. 

Here is a Better View
So this week we found a new amie! Her name is V_ and she's awesome. Both her parents are inactive members, and she's nine years old, so we're trying to teach her and reactivate the parents. She's hilarious and no matter what she's doing she drops everything to come and hug us. So freaking cute. L_ and T_ are still really progressing. We just need to help them come to church more. They used to come a lot and I'm not sure what changed. 

We had mini transfers this week and our dear Soeur Robinson who lives with us was transferred to Raiatea!!! I'm so excited for her! But you know what that means??? I had to drive to the airport again. Actually it was so much better than last time, but we were driving all day since we're the missionaries of Papeete taxi. ;) 

So last night our stake put together an Easter concert. It was so awesome!!! Our DMP (ward mission leader) sang in a quartet and he rocked it. It was honestly my favorite musical number of the night. Also: I found out what my last name it Tahitian is!!! It's Selelerese. But you pronounce the "s" like "t" and the "l" like an "r". So it's like "terererete". I like the name DMP gave me better. Houhou (pronounced like Santa's ho ho ho merry Christmas) because in Tahitian it means "to sell". He also gave Soeur Bready the name "Frauti" because it's the word for "bread" with a "y" on the end. Clever man. 

With the concert last night and everything I thought a lot about our Savior and everything he did for us. He made it possible for us to live again with our Heavenly Father!!! With that knowledge goes any fear we could have about the future. No matter what happens God is in charge and if we trust in him we will have our happy ending without any pain or sadness, just endless joy. That's what we celebrate each Easter! I am incredibly grateful for His gift of life. 

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week!!! I love you all so much!!!

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

 
WE SAW A STING RAY!!
Sleep Over at Soeur Robinson's Her Last Night

The Car Ride Around the Island

Us surfing!!! Don't worry, we didn't go in past our knees!

Comments