4/30/18 Pirae 2 Week 14 - Training, Kaufusi's Skirting Death, Someone Approaches Us

Iaorana Tatou!!!
My Fille
So I announced the pregnancy last week and this week it's official! It's a girl! (no duh, but just so you know...) My daughter (the sister I will be training) is so AWESOME!!! I love her so much already and it's only the first week! Her name is Soeur Fowers (like flowers without the L as literally ALL the Tahitians have noticed) and she's from Georgia. She's super funny and already a really incredible missionary, so I'm so excited to serve with her! (also: she takes a lot of pictures, so I will be using this to my advantage)
First Day

If anything tells you about how awesome she is it will be the fact that her second day she gave a talk in front of the stake. And she killed it!!! We had a open house at the church for the whole stake and all the missionaries gave 10 minute talks about a part in the Gospel of Christ (Faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end) and we got to talk about receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. In preparing for this talk I asked her how much she wanted to do (since it was her second day) and I was expecting like "can I just share my testimony at the end?" but not ma fille! She was a boss and talked about the difference between the Holy Ghost and the gift of the Holy Ghost AND bore her testimony. Like a boss.

This Saturday we had a baptism in the Ward of Pirae 1 (the ward of the sisters who live in our house), and we thought we would support them by coming to the baptism. Little did we know we had the support of the whole mission! Over 20 missionaries came AND a couple missionary AND President and Soeur Fox. I swear there were more missionaries there than normal people. There were so many missionaries there that when we all sang during the time while she changed into dry clothes we had a full on choir. It was so cool! 
The army of companions of Soeur Sellers. We're all in the same district. :)
So last night something happened to poor Soeur Kaufusi what all sister missionaries fear more than anything else... Her skirt got stuck in the tires of her bike. Thank heavens she  was right outside of our apartment because we had to surgically remove her skirt using scissors and brute force. It was the stuff of nightmares and once again I am reminded why I am so lucky to be in a car sector.
Officially everyone in our apartment has a pareo--a piece of fabric you can tie to make a skirt. They're so comfy!!!
So something cool that happened this week was that we were just outside our apartment doing language study by the ocean (it's proven to help your Tahitian if you study within sight and sound of the ocean. True story) when this lady and her daughter who is about 2 years old just came up and started talking to us. She had never seen the missionaries before but started talking to us about her life and her beliefs. It was so crazy because we rarely have people just come up to us like that. We're going to her house next week with Soeur Ma (because she lives in their sector) and we're hoping she'll agree to talk to them. 

When things like that happen it just makes me think about how much God loves each of his children and how he wants each of us to return to him. As missionaries that is our ultimate goal: to help others make it back to their Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful to be out on a mission and to be working with my Father to help His children here on earth!

Anyway, that was my week! I love you all and have an awesome week!!!

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com 

Comments