5/7/18 Pirae 2 Week 15 - Great Things & One Crazy Rooster

Iaorana Tatou!!!

So much has happened this week and to be honest I forgot about 95% of it. Desolé. In summary: we fixed the baptism of V_, a family we've been teaching for a while ALL came to church for the first time, T_ is officially not interested but L_ still wants the lessons, we saw a crazy chicken (more on that later), we went to V_'s house and looked at pictures of Jerusalem TWICE and she agreed to talk with Soeur Ma (her missionaries), and we found out an amie we had been teaching for a long time is actually a member. 😩

In other words this week was actually great. V_ is the daughter of less active parents who are starting to come back to church and she's so excited to get baptized! She's nine and didn't really grow up with the gospel so it's been so fun to see her learn and grow!!! 
Totally Adorable V_
Ok, honestly everything was so awesome this week, but the real highlight of this week came from a really stressed out rooster. Words cannot do this situation justice, but I will do my best. One day Soeur Sellers and Soeur Fowers were doing some door to door contacting when they approached a 
gate. They were preparing to scream "Iaorana" when they saw two chickens in front of the gate that were now panicked. One smart chicken flew over the gate and the other tried his best to run through the gate... But in despair he saw that the gate was closed and he had only managed to run head first into the wire. In a desperate attempt he tried running to the other side of the gate but only got the same result. I kid you not he tried running back and forth through either side of the gate over 10 times while Soeur Fowers and I looked on dumbfoundedly. Of course he finally flew away after one of us went to get a camera, but I will forever remember this rooster and the impact he's had on me. 

I wish I could write more about what happened this week but it all pales in comparison to the rooster. I'm sorry, I promise I'll write more next week!!! I love you all and be good!


A Normal Day in Tahiti

Soeur Sellers

Comments

  1. Hi, Sweetheart,

    Great news, about your contacts and investigators.

    Just a quick note on the French: "Désolé" is an ellipsis for "Je suis desolé", but you are (very) feminine, so it should be "Je suis désolée" or, elided, "Désolée."

    Your mom's comment about how tanned you are is dead on: good grief, you're going to be mistaken for a native Tahitian soon!

    Love,
    GrandpaLe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have to say I love your rooster story. It makes me think of how we all want to get to safety - out of the earthly quagmire of sin. We will try drugs, alcohol, lying, being lazy, avoiding doing what we know is right. We are just banging ourselves into the fence gate. We could just CTR and fly (read, scriptures, pray, take the sacrament and repent).
    Hugs
    Sister Langlois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment