6/18/18 Pirae 2, Week 20 - V_'s Baptism, New Amis, Hike, New Dresses

Iaorana Tatou!!!

So you might have noticed that you haven't heard from me for a while... It's not because I don't love you all anymore, but because my email threw a temper tantrum and died. True story. It pretty much just died and said I couldn't log in any more. Thankfully I have a super mom who called Salt Lake and got it figured out. 

Ok, so a lot has changed during these couple weeks! V__ got baptized. We got lowkey dropped by a couple amis, but we found so many new amis (I LOVE MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK), and we fixed some more baptisms for later this month. It's a great time to be alive people! 

V__'s baptism was a little crazy. We had no idea until the day of, but there was a concert going on (like a singing, dancing, loud concert) right across the hall from us. We were a little worried it would be too loud and it wouldn't be a good experience for her, but it was so awesome! She was so happy and her dad was able to baptize her! We're so proud of her! In her testimony she shared that she wants to serve a mission because of how nice we are to her. I melted. 

This week we were able to fix the Baptisms of J__, H___ (a father and son), and B___, H___, and A____ (a mother and two kids). I'm so excited for them! They were all member referrals too. Coincidence??? I think not. 

Last P-day we were able to go on a cool hike to see a big cross. It's one of the few hikes in our sector and the view was incredible. We also went to go to a Marché with things only from the marquises. It was so cool! It was mostly weapons made from bones that I would not have been able to fit in my suitcase (or afford) but they had some crazy stuff there. 
 

This p-day we sewed some dresses with a member in our ward! They are fabulous and I feel like a Tahitian princess. True story. 
Our New Dresses!
 Other than that lots of crazy things have happened that I don't have the time to tell the story for. Like how Soeur Fowers slapped me in the face with a piece of pizza. Or how Soeur Fowers ditched me to get eaten by dogs... Again. Or how I casually walked off playing with human hair. All these and more next week if I have nothing else to talk about. Anyway I love you all!!! Have an awesome week!!!
 
Some more photos...some take from Soeur Bready's blog:)






 

Comments