7/16/18 Puurai Week 1 - Transferred, J_'s Baptism, Tour of Island

IAORANA TATOU!!!
More Moana Ocean
This week was crazy! First of all Soeur Fowers got super sick while we did our P-day activity of criving around the island. I thought she was crazy for always turning the AC off because I was DYING, but that night she had a 104 fever. Members came and drugged her up and two days later all was well. We did get some pretty cool photos though. (Not from here being sick but from sightseeing)
Soeur Fowers in pain and very cold. She's such a trooper.
Ok, So transfers were a thing this week and I GOT TRANSFERED! Not very far away, but now I am in the city of Faaa and it's a party. My new companion is Soeur Randriantsoa and she's from Madagascar. She's super short and cute!!! I'm very excited to serve with her. A few of you might be wondering "What happened to Soeur Fowers?" and LET ME TELL YOU! Drumroll please.... She's training. That's right, my little baby missionary who got here 3 months ago is getting a new baby missionary and therfore: I AM A GRANDMA!!! She's a little nervous (understandably) but she'll do great. She is totally capable of it and I totally called it. 

Because she is training I had to teach her how to drive this past weekend. The Assistants said she could practice because she knows how to drive stick but it's been a while, but we could only practice in parking lots. We never got over 3rd gear and this morning she had to take the driving test. But who the Lord calls he qualifies, and she ROCKED it. I'm so proud of her. 

So I mentioned above that for Pday we did Tour de l'ile, and it was so fun! We all (the six sisters of our district) piled into a members HUGE car and we saw the entire island. It's kinda funny, because it takes like 2 hours to go all the way around, but every time we take 5 hours to see everything and take pictures. I got some good ones, but most of them are on Soeur Fowers' camera and I'll steal them from her later. Some of the best things we saw were mysterious waterfalls, crashing waves that splash passerbys, stingrays, and birthday cake for Soeur Bready. That was my favorite part. ;) It was PINEAPPLE CAKE. I think I died of happiness. 
Us wishing we could surf...
The portion sizes here are very different... TAMAA MAITAI!
This week we had the opportunity of seeing J__ get baptized and it was wonderful. He was so ready and he was glowing afterwards. It is such a beautiful thing to see people leave a life of sin and pain and embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. It sanctifies and heals them, and the best part of being a missionary is being a small part of that process. I LOVE MY JOB! 

Anyway, that's all for this week!!! I love you all and hope that you are having a great week!

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com
Mysterious waterfall

Comments