7/2/18 Pirae 2, Week 22 - Nipping Puppies, Mango-stealers, Downpour, D_'s Pictures

Iaorana Tatou!!!
Mommy daughter selfie

So this week was kinda slow because poor Soeur Fowers got pretty sick (I'm blaming it on the hike) and we took it kinda slow. Some funny things did happen this week though! Mostly just yesterday. So yesterday for our Faatamaaraa we ate with a cute family who had a super cute puppy from the underworld. He kept playing with our feet under the table (so like little puppy bites), and then he left. We continued eating and out of nowhere the puppy bites my foot and I was so surprised my knees hit the table with a solid thud. I'm so grateful that everyone thought it was funny because EVERYONE stopped and stared at me for a good couple seconds. My feet are weak and not chew toys.

We just had a pause in our emailing because Soeur Fowers noticed someone stealing the elders mangos who live right next to where we email. We went out and yelled at them and they did nothing and then a mamie came out and yelled at them in tahitian and they booked it. I'm not sure what she said, but it sure scared them! Take that people who break into elder ma's (the other elders') yard!

Something else funny and also kind of a miracle happened last night. So we were at our stake center to practice a song with soeur ma (the other sisters) for zone conference, and it started pouring rain. We sprinted to our car getting completely soaked in the process and then dropped some other Soeurs off. When we finally got home Soeur ma told us that our ZL's had called them because WE HAD DROPPED OUR PHONE WHILE RUNNING AND THEY HAD IT. What added to our despair was that we had been on 1 bar of gas the whole day because we had forgotten to fill up the day before. Anyway, we ran over there with so many prayers in our hearts and retrieved our completely soaked phone (which somehow survived) and made it home on fumes.
D__'s Baptism from a few weeks back


This week I was thinking a whole lot about the importance of the family. Really I have been so spoiled with my family life because me parents are married and still love each other, there has never been alcohol or smoke in my home, and all my siblings are incredible. Really the family is so important to God and that's why he gives us commandments to protect it! So for all you parents out there: keep up the good fight! You will be rewarded for your efforts!!! We love you!

Ok, that's pretty much my life right now... Thank you all for taking the time to read about my adventures!!!! I love you all! Have an awesome week!

ldsellerstahiti.blogspot.com

Our puppy hike of death and pain

Carrying my fille because pourquoi pas?

Comments

  1. Hi Lindsay!! Not sure if you remember me but i am christopher Hylton's mom from CECP...We came to yiur home a while back when your aunt Rainee and Uncle Marc came to stay at your home for a visit...

    I love missionary letters, so i was chatting with your mom and asked her about being added to the email about your blog and have been reading your letters on and off since last fall.

    ...what a wonderful daughter of god and servant of the Lord and glorious missionary of the gospel of Jesus christ you are!! Its so fun to read your notes on your weekly happenings and the beautiful experiences you have with your companions and the wonderful people you are serving!....i love your testimony of the family and how much yours has blessed your life!...
    Keep up the great work and enjoying your fun adventures and loving the ppl you serve!!

    Much love,
    Kendi Hylton

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment