7/23/18 Puurai Week 2 - Spiral Staircases, Swiss Shoes, Soeur Randriantsoa

 Iaorana Tatou!!!

This week was super crazy! It's always weird changing sectors and learning names and streets all over again, but it's even weirder after being in the same sector for 6 months... It's like leaving home all over again. Little by little I'm starting to kinda figure out where things are and who all our amis are, and I'm really coming to love Puurai! Our house is GIGANTIC and is more than enough space for all six of us who live there. My only complaints about the house is that we have a spiral staircase (I'm coming to find that I have a slight fear of spiral staircases) that is actually the devil. It is so steep and I think I say a prayer every time I go up or down.







My second complaint is that our toilet is in a space made for dwarfs. I am not a very tall human being, but I am certainly not a dwarf. I have bonked my head more than once... There will be photos next week so y'all can appreciate my new home! 

This week I had a heart attack. We had a Family Home Evening with our DMP (ward mission leader), and of course we left our shoes outside. For those of you who don't know, tahitians are crazy about wearing shoes in the house. It's changed me so much that I've gotten to the point of where I see people wearing shoes in the house in the movie "The Best Two Years" and instantly think "what an idoit." Same thing happens when I see people who aren't Elders wearing closed toed shoes. Anyway, back to my story, when we came back after I could only find one shoe! Turns out, their dog had taken my shoe and had chewed huge chunks out of it. I had a couple options after this tradgedy, either wear the perfectly fine extra pair of shoes I have in my luggage somewhere, or continue wearing the now swiss cheese shoes I've worn every day of my mission. Of course I chose the latter! 

Ok, real quick some other highlights of my week:

We had an amis refuse to tell us his birthday because he was born on the day of the devil... Turns out he thinks January 6 is bad because it has a 6 in it..?

I got blue pen all over a bright pink skirt, but it came out with just a little water! Miracles still happen people!

It was Soeur Randriantsoa's bithday this week and Soeur ma threw a surprise party!
For my companion's birthday an ami got her a small cake and cheetos
We had a service project which consisted of us picking up branches after DMP cut them while he was hanging on a cliff. I thought I was going to see him die.

President Fox and the assistants came this Sunday to a face to face with our Young adults who are thinking about serving a mission. We were invited because we're in their ward and it was so good! They pretty much just answered all the questions that everyone had about serving a mission and it was really inspiring
Kids flying kites. They're such a big thing here! They make them out of bamboo and plastic bags.

Sidenote: Soeur Randriantsoa is awesome and I love her!!! A little bit about her: she's from Madagascar and is a convert. She loves to sing and is probably the nicest person ever. The entire ward is in love with her because she's such a good missionary. 

This week we had the opportunity to find some new amis and I'm so excited for them! For each of them the spirit was very strong as we testified of Jesus Christ and of his Prophet He called in these latter days. These truths really just show for me the love God has for us. I'm so grateful for this time I've had to teach everyone about this love and how they can be happy in their lives!!! I'm so excited to see what the rest of this transfer and my mission brings!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!!!

Comments