8/20/18 :Puurai, Week 6 - Baptism, Smelling Kitchen--Bad Idea, Shark Attack

Iaorana tatou!!!

So this week was awesome! We had another baptism, members personalized a song for us, got attacked by millions of maggots, met a kid who got bit by a shark, and got asked if we were middle schoolers. Where to begin?

Ok, maybe we'll explain the maggots first. I think before my mission I had seen maggots like twice. Here I have become a maggot killing machine and they almost don't gross me out anymore. Almost. Anyway, Here we keep our trash inside the house, and if we throw away anything that smells or that the cats can eat we throw it outside for whatever gets to it first. (Cats, pigeons, cockroaches, etc.) The other night I noticed before I went to bed that our kitchen smelled bad, like REALLY bad, but I was lazy (or as tahitians say hupehupe) and said "I'll do it tomorrow." That was my first mistake. Wake up the next morning to MILLIONS OF MAGGOTS EVERYWHERE. In the kitchen, in the garage, even inside the kitchen cabinets. It was horrible. So what did we do? Took the trash out like the big girls we are, swept up the maggots, and mercilessly drowned them in a puddle out front. It was quite the experience.

Ok, that was pretty much the only bad thing that happened this week! Other than the fact that some old man in a parking lot asked if we were enrolling for middle school and after we explained we were missionaries he started trying to flirt. Weird stuff. Ok, so for the kid who got bit by a shark, buckle up because this is crazy. He was two years old and had his legs in the water while his mom was throwing old fish parts into the ocean. Bad idea. A huge shark chomped on his leg and they had to call an airplane to come and get him because the nearest hospital was islands away. The only thing holding his leg together was his moms tee shirt.

This week we had the baptism of M__ and it was awesome! He was so ready to be baptized and he's so excited to receive the Priesthood. It's the best feeling in the world to watch the people you have come to love so much take their first step on the path back home. 

Anyway, I love you all! I know I promised pictures,but I don't know if that's going to happen because the computer hates me. But know that I love you and wish I could send them! Have an awesome week!!!

Comments