9/24/18 Puurai Week 11 - Flying Termites, Weddings & Baptisms

Iaorana Tatou!


Baptism of S__
This week has been super awesome, but the past 24 hours have been a nightmare... Story time!

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away lived 4 sister missionaries. It was late one night and they were excited to go to sleep and rest themselves after a long hard day of work. Little did they know that TERMITES WITH WINGS WOULD START CRAWLING IN FROM EVERY CRACK IN THE HOUSE. "They're attracted to the light," Soeur Sellers screamed in terror as she watch thousands of bugs crawling through the closed windows. They hurried and turned off every light except for one and thought of their war plans. A couple minutes later they kicked the doors in and ran in screaming battle cries to intimidate their foes while spraying bug spray EVERYWHERE. All of the sisters were armed to the teeth with two cans of bug spray in each hand and Soeur Mortier with her zapping bug racket. It was a massacre, but we are proud to say that the only casualties were on the opposing team.

The drawbacks were that now the sisters couldn't sleep in their own rooms because it smelled of bug spray, so they awkwardly threw all the mattresses down the spiral staircase of doom and slept downstairs. 
New Set Up Downstairs

No one slept one wink that night because of the crappy mattresses, but at least no bugs were going to crawl in their ears and eat their brains. The next day however, they had to hurry and deep clean the house because the missionary couple was going to be coming to see if there was anything they could fix in the house. Anyway, Soeur Sellers was minding her own business, mopping up bug spray and carcasses when Soeur Holt ran in in a state of panic. "We have a situation downstairs!" She cried. "Soeur Mortier threw up so much that the toilet clogged and now it's about to overflow!" Do not ask how these poor sister cleaned up that mess. It is too horrific to explain.   

Anyway, that's been my 24 hours that could have been in a comedy because of how awful it was. Other than that this week has been pretty great! We had a baptism/marriage in the sector of Tipaerui and it was incredible! Honestly Tahitian weddings are so much cooler than American weddings. They have way more food, way more noise, and little performances that the family and young women put together. They're awesome! Other than that not a whole lot happened, but it was such a good week.
Preparing for the Wedding Feast

Wedding Couple S_ & L_

As my mission is coming to a close (This is probably my second to last email) I've been thinking a lot about my mission as a whole, and doing a review to see if I've given it my all, if I've impacted the lives of the people around me, and most importantly if I've come closer to my Heavenly Father. I can't say that I've been a perfect missionary or that I've always given it my 110% (I don't think anyone can say that, except for Jesus Christ), but I can say that I have done my best and I have no regrets. I have found the people I needed to find and loved the people who needed love. Being a missionary will not end for me when I get off the plane, but now it's a way of life. I can't wait to see what the future brings, and I know that my experiences here have prepared me for future experiences.
Leadership Council Meeting

Sister Training Leaders


Dinner with new arrangement
Anyway, I love you all and hope you will have an amazing week! 

Comments