3/5/18 Papeete Week 6 - Flying Cockroaches and Rodents, Movie Night with Gospel Essentials Class, Reminders

Iaorana tatou!

Flying Cockroaches
So about last week, I totally forgot to tell y'all about an experience with flying cockroaches. There was a cockroach in the house and Soeur Basset being the fast thinking human that she is handed me a empty container to trap it in. You heard that right-- yours truly caught a cockroach. I did not kill this cockroach because we were too afraid to move the box because when they're mad, they fly in your face and hard pass on angry-cockroach-to-the-face, but we did put a couple books on it and left it in the middle of our kitchen floor for a couple days. True story. Eventually Soeur Basset was brave enough and killed it, but it was in our kitchen for a good 2 or 3 days.

The Local Mall and Johnny Lingo Returns
This week was absolutely crazy, so be prepared. For starters, last P-day we went to the Marché in Papeete and it is HUGE. I'll put a picture below but it is gigantic. You can find anything there from handmade pearl jewelry to Raau Tahiti. (Tahitian medecin made from plants and stuff). It was super fun just to go and look at everything. After that we watched Johnny Lingo in French (I've already ranted about johnny lingo so hopefully you all kinda know what I'm talking about) but it was amazing because I understood everything in French! Super weird! And I'm not sure where it takes place but they had Tahitian style dancing so it could be in French Polynesia... I can dream. 
The Marche
Surprises While Teaching
So along with flying cockroaches we had another gross experience... Hopefully I can capture the awkardness of the situation... STORYTIME! Once upon a time two sister missionaries were in a lesson that had been going well until Soeur Sellers started bearing her testimony. Out of the corner of her eye she saw something move behind her investigator. To her surprise it was a rat climbing on the investigators kitchen counter and licking her clean dishes. She was torn, what should she do? Continue on like nothing was happening? Point it out? Finish her testimony and then talk about it? She took too long to decide and the investigator noticed something was up, so she had no choice but to tell the investigator who then proceeded to attack the rat with an umbrella. The moment was ruined, but no one died. THE END

Multi-Zone Conference and Bad Memories
This week was our multizone conference! I saw Soeur Kendall which was super fun, and I saw Elder Dore! Now I just have to see Elder Tiatia and my MTC district will be complete. I loved the conference, but I got called out pretty bad. ;  STORYTIME NUMBER TWO! So we were sitting there talking about our image as missionaries and a bishop came up with a bunch of pictures of well known images of logos like apple and nike. He asked us what we thought of when we saw these pictures. Lots of people said things like "quality" and stuff like that and then he pulled out a picture of a missionary car that got into a crash. AND LO AND BEHOLD it was the car I wrecked on Raiatea. I actually died a little bit inside. THE END.

Movie Night with the Gospel Principles Class
Thursday we had an activity with our Gospel principles class where we watched The Other Side of Heaven and everyone brought a friend. We had over 10 people who were not members!!! Super awesome and I love my ward!!!

So lots happened this week but I took one picture... I'll try to steal some from my companion, but until then have an awesome week and I love you alll!!!


Comments